“I’ve been really busy at work…you know am a corporate slave”; “Oh! it has been hectic at work”; “I’ve been having long hours at office lately” and blah blah…but what about those days when you actually have very little work at office, but you still have to go and put up a good show? Some things to do to keep from getting bored out of your skull and yet be the sincere best ;)
1. Arrive before anyone else does…this will help you catch up with your friends in the US over social networking sites; greet your colleagues saying…”It’s a tough life bro!” or “I only go home to sleep…haha!”
2. Take regular shots of caffeine…opt for black coffee for the extra zing!
3. Keep multiple tabs open on your system…pretend to read some boring research journals and at times, copy some crap on a Word document (even better if there is a graph J). Trust me, you will never be questioned.
4. Learn to meditate…stare hard at your screen rather focus your eyes on your screen and give your brain the ‘Red bull wings’
5. Crack your neck at times and then tilt your head slowly to a 45-degree angle and make eye contact with anyone and smile your most suppressed smile ever… you will be asked for a tea break in less than 10 minutes (if you are a girl, make puppy dog eyes for faster and effective results)
6. Write your blog post and ensure that your blog in never read by that group of the “Big 4 @ work” OR write a novel…am sure everyone has a novel or story idea in their heads. So unleash the writer in you, even if you are the sole reader. (Typing on a Word doc always saves the day!)
7. Clean/Sort your inbox…this is my ‘Monica organizing syndrome’, but I really love it
8. Plug in your ear phones and listen to some of you old client call recordings…see for yourself how much crap you spoke and humor yourself (who knows…this may be an educating experience after all)
9. Play Sudoku or word puzzle; so what if you have to research (read Google) the answers…there is no joy like a crossword cracked
10. Chat with your best pals and have a ball of a time; if chat is firewalled, email chat or make a phone call to a friend from the conference room
So, hope you have a great day at work...just like me!